Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Vay Cay

Vacation time..finally. I am not sure I'll fully relax until tomorrow afternoon. My mind has been swirling with finishing up year's end stuff and then a job interview that I had yesterday. And why? Why is it that I can talk at meetings, talk at committees about various topics but i go to an interview and literally i get brain freeze? I mean I literally stop in the middle of my thought and go blank. Nothing to be found or to retrieve from my normally busy brain. It has happened to me more than once at interviews. It is the only place where I get this type of anxiety that seems to have control over my brain. Thankfully my experience and resume have more going on than my brain did. I apologized and explained what was happening. They seemed very sympathetic and told me i was doing fine..but i walked away feeling like the biggest idiot. And I'm not. I have written articles about this stuff, these educational topics--and yet I couldn't fully answer one of the questions!! I did better as it went on..but of course I'm continually drawn to that moment where I lost track of who I was and where I was! I looked it up on the internet today. Read a whole article about it. Thank God for the internet. Anything you have or have felt--its there. Someone has felt it or written about it. Anyway, I should hear something within the next two weeks. I just need to stop beating myself up about the interview anxiety!! So onto the important things things like: 1. Big Brother All Stars-we get to choose who we want to come back into the house..and I definitely want Marcellus back, Kaysar, Howie and Janelle, and throw Jase in so I can laugh hysterically at his bizarre cockiness. I haven't really decided who else..just that they would be fun to watch. 2. Rockstar Supernova..starts in July. Ahhh another good summer guilty pleasure. 3.I want to read and read..and swim and sit by the pool in the sun...4. I want to walk for an hour a day like I have been doing a few times a week..5. I want to go on nature hikes with my son. 6. I want to eat popcorn and go to see Pirates of the Caribbean with my family..because no one makes a pirate sexy like Johnny Depp. 7. I want to drink lemonade eat strawberries.. 8. I want to drive with the windows down and my Pink CD blaring loudly.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM PDT, Blogger Puffer said...

have a fun summer
my week of school
still runs until
June 30 boo hoo
one more week and
then I am done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home