Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Monday, July 08, 2013

I am writing so that I don't lose my mind. My son is a high school graduate and it is the summer before he starts taking classes in college. His driver's test was today. He got all of the way there and realized his wallet was at home. He was reminded twice about it (for his permit). He might have set it down when going back for shoes. Now he has to take it another day. But I feel like my head could explode. I have spent 18 years advocating for him and yes he has ADHD and forgetting or misplacing things is the NORM. Unfortunately it isn't helpful in life. It isn't helpful for an important time such as a ROAD TEST..and really why am I surprised? His middle name could be "missing assignments" and I can't say that aloud but it's true. So why should this moment be any different? I love him, I've tried to teach him ways to be more organized etc. and it doesn't seem to make much difference and I feel like crying! He is 18 and I can't control what happens from here on out..but I'm so frustrated. He's a day late and a dollar short for many things and it's making me want to pull my hair out. I can't lay down and cry over this or have a nervous breakdown but let me tell you: I feel like it sometimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home