Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Thursday, July 06, 2006

AHHH

Ahh Summer. So far so good. I am enjoying all of it. This week I'm meeting an old college girlfriend for dinner when she's in town. Going to later see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 with my family (have been looking forward to it for months). And will see "Menopause The Musical" as well this weekend. Supposed to be very funny..I myself wasn't going to go and sit among menopausal singing women..but my mother wants to go and has talked about how funny it is etc. So I will go..but I won't pretend to be menopausal! I'm still 41 damn it. I still have some youth left. I still know all the words to the songs on the radio (my mother never did), I do not wear mom jeans, and I KNOW what a blog is. (It really bugs me when I mention the word blog and people look at me like they aren't sure what I'm talking about). And when I do become menopausal I will be hippest menopausal woman I know. This crossed my mind the other day when I realized I was driving with my preteen son--and we were both singing all the words to the top 20 songs on Satellite Radio..because I never remember my mother doing that at my age. In fact she was usually asking that we turn the radio down. (Plus she was tone deaf)

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM PDT, Blogger Heidi said...

I heard Menapause the Musical is hysterical..Have fun and enjoy the movie as well.

Btw Lea, Big Brother is starting tonight..I don't remember if you watch?

 
At 7:32 PM PDT, Blogger Ms. Junie said...

Heidi I do watch! I taped it tonight however-as i wasn't home for it but i can't wait to watch it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home