Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Acupuncture

If you have ever considered acupuncture--i am here to tell you its worth trying out. There was a period of time where i was having neck and back pain that gave me headaches. I tried chiropractic care and it didn't help me. It would help but my muscles never held the adjustments. Whatever he adjusted would go "out" within a few days. I was soon paying to see him every single week and not liking it. Even with just paying a copay--it got expensive since I needed to go so much. Eventually he realized he wasn't helping me. I tried all kinds of things--my muscles do react strongly to cold and stress..but acupuncture is the only thing that has kept me pain free for long periods of time. I go every two to three months and get immediate relief that lasts. I was skeptical at first, believe me- I'd never pay for something that didn't really work. But it has worked and been my answer--for the past two years. The needles do not "feel" like they are there. You really don't feel much to be honest, and cupping is something she does on my back using glass jars--it leaves a "hickey" mark but the relief to my back muscles is well worth it. No medical doctor has provided me with that much relief. Acupuncture is great for any type of inflammation/pain so if you aren't getting anywhere with other treatments, it is well worth trying.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM PDT, Blogger Heidi said...

I'm glad that helped..I've never tried Acu,..Just recently I've been seeing an Osteopath..What ever works stick with it! :)

 
At 3:04 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, good to know about acupuncture. I will have to tell my friend that has back pain. I don't know if she's ever tried it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home