Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Return of the Evil Neighbor Girl

So this evening we are out at the pool...and as I am getting out to sit on the deck (as the air was getting a little chillier than I like for swimming!!) I see the evil neighbor girl creeping through the bushes..in her swimsuit again. Now keep in mind that yesterday night I told my son to ignore her next time. That if he squirts her with the squirt gun or talks to her it will keep her there. She will get bored, I tell him, if you ignore her. So at first she's spying through the bushes which is rude enough in itself..but i keep quiet, pretending to look at a hangnail while hubby and son swim. She then comes up to the side of the pool..peering over at my son and giggling again. He sees her and dives under water and sets about to ignoring her. He did a fine job of ignoring her in fact. But this did not work. She. Kept. Standing. There. Staring. SIGH. Truth be told if we could choose theme music for that moment it would be "HATE ME" by Blue October. Because my son would rather she hate him and run away but no. She stands there in all her 7-8 year old glory, gazing at him and saying "Hi!" every time he comes up out of the water for air. She then tells my husband hello and he quietly tells her that maybe she should go home seeing as she HIT him last night. She changed the subject I guess and started chattering about something else. He looks at me and shakes his head. Finally we start getting ready to go inside and she is still saying my son's name and in my head I think--"It will sound better if a kid tells her to go to her own yard, than if I say it!"...so I whisper to my son "Tell her to go to her own yard". Yes I took the cowardly way out. I honestly thought it more likely a nearly twelve year old boy would say that, than me-the mom who is about over this neighbor girl's presence. So my son (dying for the past half hour to say SOMETHING) says exactly that. "Go to your own yard!" and she does leave. But quickly she returns and says "Can he come to slide on my water slide?" to me..because i was the closest within earshot. I told her that he was nearly twelve and just not wanting to play with kids her age right now (when i really wanted to say YOU ARE ANNOYING. GO HOME AND STAY HOME.)..sigh. Then hubby and i discussed the fence we're going to put in that corner of the yard. Somehow I don't think she's done coming over. She seems like the type who doesn't "get it" and the fact that she slapped at my husband when he gently patted her head--is a bit bratty!

4 Comments:

At 10:13 AM PDT, Blogger Puffer said...

Giver her kool-aid with a lot of ex-lax in it.
That should keep her on the toilet and away:)

 
At 1:18 PM PDT, Blogger alan said...

I can remember my Dad putting up a privacy fence to keep the neighbor kids from begging for food when he grilled. It didn't work for him they just climbed it...

alan

 
At 7:07 PM PDT, Blogger Ms. Junie said...

Well the privacy fence may be the answer..though i do like how you think puffer ;) She is one of those children that would move right in if we didn't say something!

 
At 7:26 AM PDT, Blogger Heidi said...

LOL @ Puffer!

Goodluck with the pest..ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home