Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Friday, July 14, 2006

peace

Sometimes people in our lives disappoint us regularly...a cycle actually--of consistently disappointing you..and because you care for them you keep letting them..for the past five years I've let someone do that..and so why am I left wondering 'How did this happen again'??? This isn't anyone in my immediate family..So i will be ok.. but I need to somehow find an inner peace as I walk away from this person who isn't good for me spiritually or emotionally. At some point we have to recognize the dysfunction in another..and not let it keep affecting us..Here is to letting it go..fully and completely..imagining that I meet that person in the middle of a bridge...telling them that I forgive them for the last five years, but that i need to move on ..I need to visualize this a lot...in reality the moving on has occurred--its in my mind and soul that I need to work on. Imagining the deep breath as I turn and walk away to my side of the bridge and keep going--not looking back..as I return to my otherwise healthy and happy life..

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM PDT, Blogger Cat said...

I apologize in advance for the gratuitous American Idol reference...

This situation reminds me of Carrie Underwood's song "Starts With Goodbye."

It's sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life/Starts with goodbye...

We've all been there, eh? Good for you for recognizing the destructive cycle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home