Cherries in the Snow

Someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful..

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Anxiety

So I hope I sleep tonight. But its not likely. I took the sleep aide that is just benadryl..with a "Sleep" name..It rarely helps much. I'm so tense. This weekend is the bday party that always stresses me. Its for my son but he doesn't know the family dynamics. So all is fine for him. Its me and my sister that freak out. One family member not speaking to another, another who speaks only a little to one..weird dynamics that just aren't easy to explain in one posting..but suffice it to say that it is just not comfortable for me and yet i do this to myself every year. There HAS to be a better way. Next year has to be different. Whether i have separate get togethers for some than others i just don't know. I'm frazzled. Also I live in a cute house--but one set of family members lives in a mansion of sorts..so having them to my house feels weird. I want to hide under the covers till Saturday is over but I can't. I have always had longterm anxiety but handle it well for the most part. Sometimes though (like this month) i feel like I'm losing out to it. I don't like that. Not one bit.

4 Comments:

At 12:09 PM PDT, Blogger Cat said...

Hang in there, babe.

Remember... Season 6 of American Idol is mere months away. And hello? Constantine's going Broadway?!

Let us count our blessings.

(and hang in there...)

 
At 9:16 PM PDT, Blogger Green tea said...

Why do you put your self through this..?
Change how you celebrate his birthday.
Your health is more important..and stress can do nasty things to your body.
Talk to your doctor about it...
Good Luck I hope all goes well...GiGi

 
At 7:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ms. Junie said...

Cat..thanks so much. All went fine of course. And the thought of American Idol season 6 does bring a smile to my face. I have to tell you I had on my Constantine tshirt the other day and some guy says "Love your shirt! I was rooting him for him myself" lol. First time a guy has said anything. Sometimes i just wear my "Constantine for President" tshirt to see what people say.

GiGi and Sarah thank you..I'm feeling much better. I should reread this next year instead of freaking out!!!

 
At 2:59 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

It seems like it's when we don't feel like we have control that our anxieties control us. Referring back to Anna Nalick, "Breathe..just breathe"...everything works out the way it should and we really never have control over anything anyway. (Shhh...don't tell). LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home